Posts Tagged ‘New York’
August 16, 2013
Welcome to New York. Seems that Duck Dynasty star, Jase Robertson, was kicked out of a NYC hotel after being profiled as an urban outdoorsman. That’s homeless for you PC wackos.
“The first thing that happened to me at the hotel was I got escorted out,” Robertson said, joking that it was a “facial-profiling deal.”
Robertson said that the hotel employee simply didn’t know who he was.
“I asked where the bathroom was and he said, ‘Right this way, sir.’ He was very nice,” Robertson explained. “He walked me outside, pointed down the road and said, ‘Good luck.’”
Robertson continued, “So I circled back around and my wife said, ‘What happened?’ and I just said I just got kicked out.”
Has anyone noticed that this famous rich white guy hasn’t created any media uproar over his embarrassing incident? Hey Oprah, this guy has class. -JRoycroft
October 21, 2011- Some of you have expressed a little concern that me, of all people, are being a bit hard on the Occutards. Some have said I’ve been a bit strong with the name calling. Well, someone at New York Magazine wrote an article that pretty much sums it all up. Check it out: Are you smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
- 84% of Occupiers cannot tell you what the Dodd-Frank Act is.
- 30% of Occupiers believe that top marginal income tax rate for the top 1% is 0 to 10%. And 32% believe that tax rate to be 10 to 25%. The correct answer is 35%. But that doesn’t include the Bush tax cuts that Democrats want to let expire. That would push the rate to 39.6%. And then there is this millionaires surtax. That’s another 5.6%. So we are pushing a 45% federal income tax rate for the top bracket … and a third of protestors believe this rate to be ten percent or less.
- 94% of Occupiers believe that the government spends more on the military than it does on healthcare and pensions. The correct answer is that 43% of government spending is on healthcare and pensions, while defense accounts for 20% of spending.
I still maintain they’re all a bunch of clueless fools. – JRoycroft
*For the record, I stole the term, “Occutard,” from Neal Boortz.
- Are you smarter than a Wall Street Protestor? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street (ourdinnertable.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors Ask Occupy Wall Street to Stop Pooping All Over Everything [Occupy Wall Street] (gawker.com)
September 14, 2011- In a shocking defeat for Democrats, businessman Bob Turner (R) defeated state Assemblyman David Weprin (D) in the special election for the House seat held by former New York Rep. Anthony Weiner (D).
Things are starting to come together in the battle to recover the White House from the disgusting Obama regime. America is waking up to the reality of what this inept community organizer is doing to destroy our country.
The New York 9th District has been held by Democrats for 93 years. This was indeed a glorious win for Republicans and Americans. When you understand that Democrats in New York out number Republicans 3-1, then you realize how significant this election was. – J Roycroft
“New Yorkers put Washington Democrats on notice that voters are losing confidence in a President whose policies assault job-creators and affront Israel,” said National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Pete Sessions (R-Texas) in a statement after Turner’s win.
- MAJOR GOP VICTORY: Anthony Weiner’s Vacated Seat Won By Republican, Bob Turner (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Turner Upsets Weprin in NY-9 (politicalwire.com)
- Bob Turner Calls Victory In Weiner’s District ‘Referendum’ On Obama Administration (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Republican scores upset by winning Democratic seat in New York (guardian.co.uk)
- TURNER WINS! HUGE UPSET as NY GOP candidate Bob Turner grabs Anthony Weiner’s old House seat in a solidly Democrat district (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- Editorial Alert: GOP Stuns Democrats in New York (commuteresources101.wordpress.com)
The Roycroft family is enjoying our day in peace with our heads held high in remembrance of the attack on our country by spending a very peaceful family day at the zoo. God Bless The United States of America.
- 9/11 Threat Will Not Interfere With My Life (theroycroftreport.wordpress.com)
- Remembering September 11 – Embracing The Remembrance – Thoughts & Prayers (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)
- Where Were You When 9/11 Happened? (timesunion.com)
- Remembering 9/11 (medicineandtechnology.com)
- The Outfield Remembers 9/11 (theoutfield.wordpress.com)
- Remembering 9/11 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Stoney’s 9/11 Tribute (y108.radio.com)
- A Prayer For 9/11 (06880danwoog.com)
- 9/11 – Remembering What We Lost, and Seeing What We Gained (cshennecy.wordpress.com)