Posts Tagged ‘Food Stamps’
March 14, 2012 – It’s been about a year now since I posted this and nothing, nothing has changed. In fact it has only gotten worse. The question is how much longer can we as a country sustain this class warfare under the rule of the Obama regime? We have but one last chance to save our great Republic and our Constitution from that jerk who sits in our White House.
In the news today we have the Democrat headquarters in Lake County Florida flying an American flag with Obama’s picture replacing the blue field and stars. This is just another example of how Democrats disrespect our country and display their hatred for our America heritage. I don’t see how we can possibly survive another four years under this Marxist Communist ruler. He has got to be stopped! -JRoycroft
From March 2011 :
By Neal Boortz :
We all know what happened to the home heating oil assistance program here in the U.S. It was supposed to be a short-term solution to the oil crisis decades ago. It is still with us today as another massive government entitlement program, now redistributing wealth to 9 million people moochers. Well now advocates for the poor, poor, pitiful poor are back to the government trough, asking their great Community Organizer to release over $100 million in emergency money to help the poor, poor pitiful poor pay for their heating bills after a particularly harsh winter.
Can I get an over-under estimate on the numbers of these people waiting anxiously for their heating hand-outs have smart phones and flat-screen TVs? I am just so sick to damn death of these entitlement whores, these moochers who believe that the money that you worked for somehow belongs to them. Just for kicks, let me remind you of what it means to be “poor” in America, according to our Census Bureau.
- Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three bedroom house with one and a half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
- Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
- Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two thirds have more than two rooms per person.
- The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
- Nearly three quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
- Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
- Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
- Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.
This entitlement culture .. the idea that the government is the solution to all of our wants and needs .. is contributing to what I call the “wussification of America.” The concept of self reliance is a fading ember among the burnt ruble of our founding principles. By design, generation after generation has been taught in our precious government schools that government is the solution to all their problems. And their actions are allowed to continue because we have a looter segment of society that is complicit in their redistribution efforts. This is because the looters gain power, while the moochers gain “stuff.” As for the producers, what do they gain?? Nothing. Not a damn thing! No society can sustain this.
- Liberal Ignorance and the Entitlement Mentality – Patriot Update (gds44.wordpress.com)
- A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Op-Ed Columnist: Moochers Against Welfare (nytimes.com)
- Our American Entitlement Society (theroycroftreport.com)
March 7, 2012 - (UPDATE – This moocher has officially been removed from the welfare list) Amanda Clayton, 24 years old, won a $Million lottery. After taxes she pocketed over $500 thousand cash.
That’s wonderful except for one little thing … Amanda Clayton is on welfare and refuses to stop taking tax payer money because she says she deserves it. Yes, she is a $million dollar lotto winner on food stamps. If there was ever a time when it should be ok to bitch slap someone this should be it. Amanda Clayton gets the prize for being the most pathetic, ultimate moocher and parasite. And we all know who she’ll be voting for in November! -JRoycroft
Warning!!! This video will cause high blood pressure!
- Michigan woman still collecting food stamps after winning $1 million lottery (news.yahoo.com)
- The Moocher Culture (jroycroft.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Woman Claiming Food Stamps Despite Jackpot Win (huffingtonpost.com)
February 9, 2012 - Remember when Mitt Romney made that statement about not caring about the poor, that they have a safety net that takes care of them? Seems that Romney had good reason for making such a crazy statement like that.
Are you aware that in our American entitlement society you have more disposable income as a single mother raising three kids, working one week a month at minimum wage than you do as a married couple raising children, working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job? According to a new report, more than one in three Americans lived in households that received Medicaid, food stamps or other means-based government assistance in mid-2010.
And when Social Security, Medicare and unemployment benefits are included, nearly half of the nation lived in a household that received a government check, according to the analysis of third-quarter 2010 Census data done by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, a libertarian-leaning think tank. That’s more than 148 million Americans
The federal government sent a record $2 trillion to individuals in fiscal 2010, up nearly 75% from 10 years earlier.
That’s right folks, “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” Thank the government for that. Our government, with it’s “safety net,” has enabled these people to live a life-style better than that of a married couple working their asses off to raise a family and earn a decent paycheck.
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
- The typical “poor” household in America has a car
- 78% of “poor” households in America have air conditioning
- 64% of “poor” households in America have cable or satellite TV .. most have two TVs, along with a DVD player and VCR
- Most “poor” households in America with children have a gaming system such as an Xbox or PlayStation
- 38% of “poor” households in America have a personal computer
- Most “poor” households in America have a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. They also have other household appliances such as a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker.
- The typical “poor” American has more living space than the average European.
- The typical “poor” American family is able to obtain medical care when needed.
- The average “poor” household in America claims to have sufficient funds to meet all essential needs.
God Bless America! -JRoycroft
June 1, 2011 - The number of people depending on the government is increasing at a dramatic rate. More than 44.5 million Americans, nearly 21 million households, are now receiving food stamps. This is an increase of 11% from one year ago and a 61% increase from just four years ago.
Here is just another example of a government program that has grown out of control. When established in 1964, the Food Stamp Act appropriated $75 million to 350,000 individuals in 40 counties and three cities. At the time, the Agriculture Department estimated that participation in the program would eventually reach 4 million, at a cost of $360 million annually. By 2010, it reached over 40 million Americans costing $68 billion in one year.
And you put these people in charge of your healthcare after they promised to bring down the costs of medical care??
But here we go again. Last week it was Medicare, this week it is food stamps. What I’m talking about are ways for Democrats and the ObamaMedia to make Republicans look like the evil out-of-touch poverty mongers who want people to go hungry while giving tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires. Republicans are reviewing the fiscal year 2012 appropriations bill for the Department of Agriculture that includes $71 billion for food stamps. The problem is that this is $2 billion less than what Obama has requested for the program. But also keep in mind that this $71 billion is STILL a 9% increase from 2011. But immediately, the line from the Democrats and the ObamaMedia is that the Republicans are making cuts on the backs of poor Americans. Here are the two directions for the future of food stamps as per ABC:
- The Republicans’ 2012 budget plan proposes changing SNAP from an entitlement to a block-grant program that would be tailored for each individual state, much like their proposal for Medicaid. States would no longer receive open-ended subsidies and the aid would be contingent on work or job training. It would also limit funding for the program.
- The president’s 2012 budget, however, goes in a completely opposite direction. It aims to make requirements less stringent by temporarily suspending for one year the time limit for certain age groups without dependents. The president also suggested restoring benefit cuts that were included in the Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill last year.
Which future for America would you choose? – Neal Boortz