April 9, 2013 – The threats of gun violence are steadily increasing in our government schools. Here is a list of some of the latest gun related incidents involving some of society’s most dangerous threats to our children. These incidents are since the December Sandy Hook elementary school massacre.
Our only chance for our innocent little children is for America to embrace the idea of a disarmed society. No guns means no more dead children in our class rooms.
- March, police rushed to Malden High School in Massachusetts after reports of a gun only to discover a neon-colored water pistol.
- March a third grader in Michigan was reprimanded by school officials when he brought a cupcake to school adorned with a plastic toy soldier holding a gun.
- A ten year old Virginia boy who was arrested for taking a plastic toy gun to school is now facing a potentially permanent criminal record over the incident.
- A student in Florence, Arizona was recently suspended because he had a picture of a gun on his computer.
- A six-year-old kindergartner in South Carolina was suspended for taking a small transparent plastic toy gun to school for a show and tell.
- A five-year-old in Massachusetts who faced suspension for building a small toy gun out of lego bricks and play-shooting his classmates.
- An incident erupted when a discussion between two children about a toy nerf gun caused a lock down and a massive armed police response at two elementary schools in the Bronx.
- A Long Island high school was also placed on lock down for 6 hours in response to a student carrying a toy nerf gun.
- A five-year-old girl was suspended after a three hour grilling, and described as a “terroristic threat” when she brought a pink bubble gun to school.
- A South Philadelphia elementary student was searched in front of classmates and threatened with arrest after she mistakenly brought a “paper gun” to school.
- A 6-year-old boy was suspended from his elementary school, also in Maryland, for making a gun gesture with his hand and saying “pow”.
- Two 6-year-olds in Maryland were suspended for pointing their fingers into gun shapes while playing “cops and robbers” with each other.
- In Oklahoma, a five-year-old boy was also recently suspended for making a gun gesture with his hand.
- A 13-year-old Middle School seventh grade student in Pennsylvania was also suspended for the same hand gesture.
Each and every day we hear reports of delinquent children committing these horrific acts of gun violence against their classmates. These are our children, the children who belong to all of us. We are all in this village together and we must fight against all that is bad in our village.
Please, for society and our village, we must put an end to all the gun related violence by supporting stiffer gun control and the ultimate banning of all guns in our society. -JRoycroft