February 3, 2013 - Chris Kyle, the deadliest sniper in American history has been shot and killed along with another man at a charity event on behalf of Chris Kyle’s security firm in Texas.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
While in Iraq, Kyle survived being shot twice and he lived through six separate IED explosions as his unit, Charlie company of SEAL Team Three, saw significant combat.
‘It was my duty to shoot the enemy, and I don’t regret it. My regrets are for the people I couldn’t save: Marines, soldiers, buddies. I’m not naive, and I don’t romanticize war,’ he told Texas Monthly. ‘The worst moments of my life have come as a SEAL. But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job.’
Our prayers go out to Chris’s wife and two kids. -JRoycroft
- Chris Kyle, former Navy SEAL, killed at gun range (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Highly Decorated Navy SEAL Shot at Texas Gun Range (pjmedia.com)
- Former SEAL, ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle Killed at Texas Gun Range (breitbart.com)
- Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Shot at Point Blank Range While Helping Fellow Soldier with PTSD (americanlivewire.com)
- Elite Navy SEAL slain in Texas; suspect arrested (wcnc.com)